||8:00AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday. By appointment only.
St Helena Parish Hospital Rehabilitation Services Department provides comprehensive rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies to patients of all ages in the community. These services are provided 5 days per week to outpatients, nursing home patients and hospital inpatients, including acute and swing bed patients.
St. Helena Parish Hospital's Rehabilitation Department is staffed by licensed:
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
Scope of Services
The services offered encompass treatment of neurological and orthopedic injuries to patients of all ages, ranging from the pediatric population to the geriatric population. The therapists are experienced in neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation for diagnoses including:
- Brain Injury
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Hand Therapy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Should Injury/Pain
- General Deconditioning
- Chronic Neck/Back Pain
- Post-op Rehabilitation Including: Total Knee Replacement, Total Hip Replacement and Rotator Cuff Repair
St Helena Parish Hospital also offers a Wellness Program to assist community members maintain their optimum level of strength and independence.
How it Works
- A referral from a physician is required for Physical, Occupational and/or Speech therapy and for Wellness services.
- You or your physician may call us or fax your prescription to us with your contact information.
- Most insurances are accepted and we will obtain insurance verification prior to initiating therapy.
- We will then schedule an appointment with you for your initial evaluation to begin your therapy services.
- By working closely with your physician, the qualified therapists establish and execute a customized treatment plan for each patient.
- Transportation may be available in a limited area.
The staff of St Helena Parish Hospital’s Rehab Department strives to provide the highest quality of care in a friendly environment. We look forward to working with you to achieve your goals and helping you improve your quality of life.
Please call us for more information.